- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 scoops collagen powder, or protein powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato, (1 medium cooked sweet potato)
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Another light and delicious way of making pancakes for your morning breakfast, either if it is for your kids or if you are looking for new ways to start your day in a healthier way. It has a good amount of proteins to help you with a boost while being low fat. So what better way to start your day than with these Sweet Potatoes Rolled Oat Protein Pancakes?
All we are going to need to make the batter is, sweet potato rolled oats, eggs, and baking powder. No need to worry about consuming many carbs or fats with this pancakes recipe, its made exactly that way, high proteins and low fat. Let’s not forget the delicious taste and easy to make pancakes. Making your own pancake flour has never been easier with these rolled oats you will have nice flour to go within minutes.
This recipe not only is it high on protein, but is also extremely delicious, and can be done using other main ingredients, such as butternut squash, and pumpkin. The same procedure and for those wanting to replace the oat flour you could use rice flour instead.
- The first thing need to do is to add the rolled oats in a blender and mix at a high speed until getting a thin flour from it.
- The second thing to do is to prepare the sweet potatoes by boiling them for 25 minutes or microwaving them, and mashing them until have nice puree.
- Mix all the ingredients and add them in the blender, the sweet potatoes, rolled oat flour, eggs, and baking powder. Mix everything at high speed until the mix is smooth and well combined.
- The next thing is to get the pan ready to cook the pancakes. Add some oil to the pan and let it heat for a couple of seconds. Once it is hot pour the batter in just to let it cook, three minutes on each side, or until bubbles start to show on the other side.
- Once they are looking golden coloured, flip them and repeat the same time and procedure on the other side.
- Serve and add any toppings of choice, a slice of bananas, strawberries or other fruits, some maple syrup, cut, eat and enjoy.