Slow cookers aren't just for roasts and stews. Your creativity is only limited by your own imagination (kind of). Branch out beyond the basics and try these three mouth-watering meals you can make using easy-to-find ingredients you might already have on hand.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders: Perfect for game day. Or any day that ends in "y," really.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Verde: A tasty meal that makes your home smell heavenly.
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken Tacos: This super-simple recipe is a taco-night game-changer.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts and 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs for your BBQ Chicken Slider recipe.
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts for your Chicken Salsa Verde recipe.
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs for your Lime Garlic Chicken Taco recipe.
- Use lettuce and tomato to top your BBQ sliders instead of coleslaw.
- You can use chicken stock instead of beer in your Chicken Salsa Verde.
- Use corn tortillas instead of hard taco shells for your Lime Garlic Tacos.
HERE'S YOUR SHOPPING LIST
Chicken (the best part)
- 2 pounds PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 pounds PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
Fruits and Veggies
- 3 medium onions
- 2 limes
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 package slider or small potato rolls
- 1 jar roasted salsa verde
- 1 (32-ounce) carton reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 package corn tortillas
Things You Probably Already Have on Hand
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sriracha or hot sauce