Movie nights are regular activities for most of us. There’s nothing better than cozying up on the couch and flipping on a good show or movie to mindlessly watch and forget about all of your responsibilities. But what’s a movie without a nice big bowl of popcorn right beside you?
We’ve got the perfect snack to accompany any movie night for yourself and your friends - but trust us, you’ll want this all to yourself. Popcorn, cheese, and butter - what more could you ask for? We’re always in the mood for a salty, cheesy snack and what makes this recipe even better is that you can prepare it in just 5 minutes.
You could go a few routes when you’re making this, but we’re opting for the ultimate time saver and using microwaveable popcorn. A healthier alternative would be to pop kernels right on the stove top with minimal oil or in an airpop popcorn machine, but we’re going all out for this one. RECIPE Ingredients
- 1 bag of microwavable popcorn (lightly salted)
- 4 tbsp of melted butter
- ¼ cup of shredded cheese of choice (we opted for cheddar cheese)
- Pop the popcorn according to the instructions on the box
- Pour popped kernels into a bowl, drizzle with melted butter, and shower it with shredded cheese
- To add more flavor, feel free to add spices like paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili pepper, cayenne, and salt (secret: this will make your popcorn taste like Doritos)