Have you ever wanted to get a buzz without having to consume face-scrunching shots or poorly mixed cocktails? Good news, it’s doable. With this 6 ingredient Boozy Chocolate Truffle recipe, you’ll get that ideal buzz while indulging in decadent truffles - what a win-win! You’re probably wondering, “doesn’t alcohol cook off when you try to incorporate it into food?” Most of the time, that is the case, but these chocolate truffles don’t require any baking or cooking so the amount of alcohol you put in is the amount of alcohol you’ll get. For this recipe, we are opting for whiskey and semisweet chocolate. The nutty flavor of whiskey pairs harmoniously with semisweet chocolate, yielding a well balanced dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
Just 6 ingredients and 25 minutes, what are you waiting for?
- 1 pound of semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of salted butter
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate, heavy cream, and butter. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in whiskey and sea salt until well combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 2-3 hours or until it is solidified
- Using a small melon baller or ice cream scoop, scoop the chilled chocolate into balls and roll each into cocoa powder. Transfer to a plate or container.
- Repeat Step 4 until all of the chocolate ganache is rolled.
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge (best served chilled)