Cadbury Crème Egg Cocktail
Easter is not complete without incorporating Cadbury Crème Eggs in some way, shape, or form. Usually included in Easter baskets or Easter egg hunts, these British chocolate shaped eggs are brought out mainly during this Holiday for children to enjoy. This year, we’re letting the adults get in on this special treat and taking these chocolate eggs from the Easter basket to the martini glass! Having a silky, runny crème filling, these confectionary “eggs” are among one of the more popular candies during Easter and since they are sold seasonally, they are considered a special treat. Luckily, with these Cadbury Crème Egg Cocktails, we’re not actually incorporating real Cadbury Crème Eggs so you can indulge year-round! RECIPE: Ingredients:
- 1 ⅓ cups vanilla bean ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 tsp of orange food color
- 2 tbsp of chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup dark chocolate shavings (more for garnish, if desired)
- ⅓ cup white chocolate liqueur
- 1 (2 oz) shot vanilla vodka
- Optional Toppings: Peeps marshmallow ducks and 2 Cadbury Crème Egg candies
- Mix ⅓ cup of softened vanilla bean ice cream with 1 teaspoon of orange food coloring
- Make the “yolk”: Scoop ice cream with a small ice cream scooper and place each scoop onto a plate. Freeze for an hour or until ready to serve.
- Dip martini glass rims into melted chocolate chip and press chocolate shavings along the rim. Set aside.
- Prepare the Cocktail: Add 1 cup of softened vanilla bean ice cream, white chocolate liqueur, and vanilla vodka in a blender and blend until smooth. Take the frozen “egg yolks” out of the freezer and place one in the bottom of each martini glass. Add in blended cocktail mixture and sprinkle with additional chocolate shavings.
- Top with Peep marshmallow and Cadbury Crème Egg if desired, and serve!