If you’re thinking banana pudding isn’t for me, think again. This CopyCat Banana Pudding recipe mirrors one of the best banana puddings we have ever taken a spoon to and some of us aren’t even crazy about bananas! It’s something we found very very very
hard to put down after the first bite - you can’t just have one bite!
This Copycat Banana Pudding originated from Magnolia Bakery, a New York City based bakery famous for, you guessed it, their banana pudding. They offer a variety of other baked goods such as cupcakes, cookies, pies, and even breakfast treats but none of those live up to the addictive banana pudding they put forth. The Original Banana Pudding flavor got Magnolia Bakery its recognition, but throughout the years, they have layered in additions to complement the unique banana flavoring. From peanut butter to chocolate and pumpkin flavored banana pudding, you can’t go wrong with any of it. However, the Original flavor still takes the gold in our hearts and we’d thought we would share the wealth.
Layered with vanilla pudding, bananas, and globs of soft vanilla wafers, this recipe sounds simple but delivers a flavor that cannot be forgotten - trust us, your taste buds will travel to a utopia full of banana pudding.
- 1 1/2 cups of water, room temperature
- 2/3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 (12 oz) box of vanilla wafers
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together the water, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until it sets (at least 4 hours)
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Slowly fold the whipped heavy cream into the chilled pudding mixture until combined.
- In a serving bowl, start building the layers by placing a flat layer of vanilla wafers at the bottom. Add a flat layer of banana slices on top of the vanilla wafer layer, and then layer a 2-inch layer of pudding mixture on top of the bananas.
- Repeat step 3 until pudding mixture is used up.
- Refrigerate the layered banana pudding to set (at least half an hour) and then serve!