Bee PollenOldie but a goodie. Bee pollen has been rumored to manage allergies, as it helps your body build resistance to allergens lingering in the air. Eat alone, sprinkle on your breakfast or incorporate it into your morning smoothie. As always, local is always best. Bee Pollen Green Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup Unflavored Kombucha or Apple Juice (the juice should be pure - not sweetened)
- ½ cup Filtered water
- ½ cup Frozen Spinach
- 1 cup Frozen Broccoli
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger - peeled
- 1 tbsp Bee Pollen
- 1 tsp Coconut oil (if you are not drinking this with any healthy fats - recommended to add the oil which helps you absorb the nutrients of the smoothie)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth - there are no spinach bits, and it is homogeneous.
OnionsOnions have high levels of quercetin, which acts as a natural antihistamine. This will help keep your body at peace when dealing with those pesky allergens in the air. Easy Pickled Onions Ingredients
- 1 medium red onion
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour, more if possible. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Can be made ahead up to 2 weeks. Drain onions before using.
Vitamin C decreases your body’s histamine production and strengthens the immune system. If the immune system is happy, you’re happy. The Best Juice Recipe for Vitamin C Ingredients
- 1 bell pepper (yellow)
- 1 handful of turnip greens
- 1 pint strawberries (fresh)
- 1 guava (fresh)
- Gather the ingredients
- Rinse all these foods before using them.
- Cut to the size recommended for your juice machine.
- Juice and drink this delicious concoction immediately for the best nutritional benefits!
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids, often times found in seafood and nuts, help alleviate inflammation in the body and give the immune system a nice boost. Lemon Walnut Hemp Crusted Salmon Ingredients
- 2 tbls Manitoba Hemp Hearts
- 3 tbls walnuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 16-ounce wild caught salmon
- 3 tsp Bulletproof ghee, divided
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and pulse walnuts in a food processor until finely ground.
- In a small bowl combine pulsed walnuts, hemp hearts and salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on a piece or parchment paper and squeeze half a lemon over the top; melt 1 tsp ghee and drizzle on top.
- Sprinkle the hemp hearts and walnut mixture onto the salmon and press it down to form a crust.
- In a cast-iron skillet, melt about 2 tsp ghee; add skin-on salmon fillet with the skin side down.
- Cook for 3 minutes over high heat to brown the skin, spooning some of the melted ghee over the top of the fish as it cooks.
- Transfer the pan to oven; roast until fish is just cooked through (approximately 8 to 10 minutes)
Inspired by Kerri Axelrod Wellness.
- https://kerriaxelrod.com/brain-foods-2-healthy-omega-3-rich-recipes/ https://kerriaxelrod.com/brain-foods-2-healthy-omega-3-rich-recipes/