We definitely believe in having cake for breakfast. But it’s not what you think, this cake is actually healthy
for you. How? It looks just like a pan of cake batter that is about to enter the oven to be baked, but instead of all the “bad” ingredients, we’ve substituted in ingredients that are actually healthy
for you. Too good to be true? No such thing - here’s the secret.
This bowl of heaven is made with an oat and almond flour base. Yup, no dairy or eggs, but somehow the consistency is still fluffy and moist (thanks to the almond flour). Did we mention it is also vegan and gluten-free? As if it couldn’t get any better!
So basically, it’s an elevated bowl of oatmeal with extra add-ins to make it more cake-like than the usual goopy oatmeal texture. For brownie points, we’re showering it with confetti because everything tastes better when it’s sprinkled with...well, sprinkles. To finish it off, we’re adding a drizzle of “frosting” made of yogurt and protein powder.
Consider breakfast reinvented.
- ¼ cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup almond milk (or any dairy-free milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- LOTS of rainbow sprinkles
- 2 tbsp of your choice of yogurt
- 2 tbsp of your choice of protein powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a small ramekin with cooking spray or oil
- In a small bowl, combine oats, almond flour, sugar, arrowroot powder or cornstarch, and baking powder. Mix together
- Add almond milk and vanilla, mix, transfer to the ramekin, and sprinkle a generous amount of sprinkles on top. Avoid mixing the sprinkles in because the colors will bleed and it won’t look as aesthetically pleasing
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set
- While the base is baking, mix the yogurt with protein powder until it has a frosting consistency (don’t worry if it’s not as runny as you’d like, it will melt on the fresh-out-of-the-oven baked base)
- Remove the base and top it with frosting. Enjoy!!