Have you ever been in a time crunch and needed to make a cake asap? We’ve all been there. Whether it’s for a family gathering or for a friend’s birthday, the cake could sometimes be the biggest stressor. With so many cake varieties, you have to ensure that you pick the right flavor and avoid any allergies/diet restrictions. Let’s not also forget how pricey cakes are these days! Sometimes you are better off just making your own and luckily, there are cakes like this Icebox Cake that could ease your stress.
Being a no-bake cake, Icebox Cakes are simple and contain layers upon layers of heavy whipped cream and chocolate wafers. Don’t you want to dig a fork in already? It’s as simple as whipping up the sweet heavy cream and layering it with semi-sweet chocolate wafers. The moisture of the heavy whipping cream is soaked up by the wafers, yielding a soft, layered cookies and cream cake.
This is the type of cake that will guarantee a ‘wow’ reaction from others!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 oz) package chocolate wafer cookies (we use Nasbiso ‘Famous Chocolate Wafers’)
- Optional toppings: Grated chocolate, sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks are formed (electric mixer recommended)
- On a serving plate, spread a layer of whipped cream in a 7-inch circle
- Lay down a layer of chocolate wafers on top of the whipped cream layer, side by side avoiding overlap (fit as much as you can!)
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until either the wafers or whipped cream are gone *make sure that you end with a whipped cream top layer
- Top with and additional toppings, cover, and refrigerate for about 6-8 hours to set
- Store in the fridge and serve cold!