Looking for a great new party snack that’s perfect for any occasion? Look now further than these delicious jalapeño popper-stuffed buffalo chicken meatballs. These creative snacks combine two party favorites and turn them into a tasty meatball like nothing you’ve had before.
Starting with a ground chicken base that includes carrots and celery, the base is spread flat and a mixture of jalapeños, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon is rolled in a ball and placed in the middle.
The chicken base is wrapped around the jalapeño popper ball and baked in the oven until golden brown. Finally, the baked meatballs are tossed in buffalo sauce and garnished with ranch dressing.
The end result? An amazing meatball that will surely be the hit of your next party.
1 pound ground chicken
1 large egg
1/3 cup onion, finely minced
1/3 cup celery, finely minced
1/3 cup carrot, finely minced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup panko crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons jalapenos, diced
2 tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce
1. Mix the ground chicken, egg, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
2. Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos and bacon.
3. Roll the chicken mixture into balls, one tablespoon at a time, flatten them, placing one teaspoon of the cheese mixture into the centres of the chicken patties, wrapping the them around the filling and placing them on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until cooked and lightly golden brown, about 20 minutes.
5. Toss the meatballs in the buffalo hot sauce and enjoy!
Option: Serve topped with or dipped into ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Option: Add 1-2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese to the filling mixture.
Option: Coat in panko breadcrumbs and fry in oil until golden brown and crispy for the ultimate experience!
Option: Transfer to a slow cooker on the keep warm setting to keep them warm until the game.