Mars Chocolate North America has announced the addition of several new flavor extensions to some of consumers’ most beloved chocolate brands — including SNICKERS® Hazelnut, TWIX® White Chocolate, and more.
“Consumers are always excited to try new flavors combined with their favorite chocolate brands,” explains Vice President of Sales Timothy LeBel, in a press release.
“Through extensive consumer research, we’ve created line extensions that will resonate with shoppers. For example, confections containing hazelnuts have increased 14 percent in sales, so consumers will want to try our limited edition SNICKERS® Hazelnut. We also believe our new TWIX® White Chocolate Cookie Bars will be a hit, since the white chocolate segment is growing.”
Additionally, Mars Chocolate North America plans to unveil a variety of seasonal offerings; there are special Halloween and Christmas 2016 items on the docket, as well as plans for Valentine’s Day 2017.
“To help our retail partners drive sales, we create promotions that encourage consumers to spend time with friends and family celebrating key moments,” says LeBel.
Mars Chocolate is unveiling their innovations, along with new consumer promotions and merchandising displays, at the National Confectioners Association (NCA) Sweets & Snacks Expo later this week; the company and Wrigley plan to share shopper insights, displays, and consumer promotions along with their new products.
Check out all of the new items that Marc Chocolate North America is unwrapping at the NCA Expo below, courtesy of the press release:
* SNICKERS Hazelnut satisfies with everything consumers love about SNICKERS peanuts, caramel and nougat covered in milk chocolate with the addition of delicious hazelnuts. (December 2016, $.99 - $1.09 for 1.76-ounce Single, $1.69-$1.79 for 3.23-ounce 2 to Go)
* TWIX White Chocolate Cookie Bars feature two crunchy cookie bars covered with smooth caramel and enrobed in creamy white chocolate. This limited edition item is sure to please, as white chocolate continues to grow in popularity. (October 2016, $0.99-$1.09 for a single package of two bars)
* M&M’S Candies in Red, White and Blue are perfect for celebrating patriotic holidays such as Memorial Day and Independence Day. The tri-color combination is available in both milk chocolate and peanut chocolate varieties. (April 2016, $9.99 for 42-ounce SUP, $3.29 for 11.4-ounce bag, $1.79 for 3.14- and 3.27-ounce Sharing Size)
* DOVE Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate PROMISES will launch nationally, based on strong consumer demand and test performance. Each individually wrapped piece is a delicious combination of silky smooth DOVE Dark Chocolate and peanut butter creme. (April 2017, $4.09 - $4.79 for a 7.94-ounce laydown bag)
* DOVE Sorbet Bars offer the refreshing and delicious taste of chocolate-covered berries with a frozen, fruity twist. Juicy sorbet is dipped in silky-smooth DOVE Chocolate. At 150 calories per bar, they're available in two flavors: DOVE Strawberry Sorbet with Milk Chocolate and DOVE Raspberry Sorbet with Dark Chocolate. (Spring 2016, $4.95 for a 6-bar box)
* The Halloween 2016 Line Up include new SNICKERS Crisper FUN SIZE, DOVE Milk Chocolate TREAT SIZE and Crunchy & Crispy Lovers Mix Variety Stand-up Pouch.
* New Items for Christmas 2016 include SNICKERS Brand & MILKY WAY Brand Bites Mixed Ornament Pouches, TWIX Brand Minis Cane for the Holidays and DOVE Brand PROMISES Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate Large Gift Box.
* Valentine’s Day 2017 new offerings include M&M'S Milk Chocolate Cupid's Messages, TWIX FUN SIZE Valentine's Exchange Bag, and a DOVE Milk Chocolate Creamy Caramel Premium Heart Tin.