If you’ve never made overnight oats before, you’re truly missing out on the easiest and most delicious quick breakfast. By soaking raw oats overnight, it’s almost like you’re cooking them but without all the hassle during your busy morning. Because they sit in the fridge overnight, they have a long time to soak up all the ingredients you decide to put in which makes the oats so incredibly flavorful. There are so many different ways you can make them and if you don’t like the idea of eating them cold, you can heat them up for a couple seconds in the microwave and enjoy a warm breakfast as well. Here are some awesome recipes to get you started on your new overnight oats obsession!
1. Gingerbread Cookie Overnight OatsPrep Time: 5 minutes Yield: 2 servings Ingredients
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 packets stevia
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Mix everything together, refrigerate overnight, and enjoy!
2. Blueberry Muffin Overnight OatsPrep Time: 5 minutes Yield: 1 serving Ingredients
- 1/2 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T milk of choice
- 1 T cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp 100% pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 T ground flax
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine all ingredients except the blueberries in a small jar that can be sealed.
- Stir well to combine.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled or warm up in microwave.
3. Carrot Cake Overnight OatsPrep Time: 5 minutes Yield: 1 serving Ingredients
- 50 g (1/2 cup) oats
- 1 small / half a larger carrot (peeled & grated)
- 1-2 tsp honey / maple syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) milk of choice
- 6 walnut halves (broken into smaller pieces)
- 1 tbsp yoghurt (optional)
- The day before serving add the oats, grated carrot, honey/maple syrup, raisins, cinnamon, chia seeds and milk into Tupperware container or jar and give everything a good mix/shake. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning remove the oats from the fridge, give them a stir before topping with the walnuts, yoghurt and a little more honey/maple syrup if desired. Serve.