Remember to drink a Shirley Temple while you enjoy a slice of Shirley Temple Poke Cake.
9 - 12
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Juice from one jar of maraschino cherries
- 1 box cherry flavored Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold 7-Up or similar lemon-lime soda
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS1) Preheat oven according cake mix instructions. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2) In a large bowl beat together cake mix, eggs, oil and maraschino cherry juice until combined. Pour batter into baking dish and bake according to instructions.
3) Remove cake from oven and using the back of a wooden spoon or chopsticks, poke holes all over the cake.
4) In a bowl, dissolve Jell-O powder into boiling water. Stir in 7-Up.
5) Pour cherry Jell-O over cake, making sure to get it in all of the holes.
6) Frost with Cool Whip and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
7) Garnish slices with a maraschino cherry, serve and enjoy!