If your taste buds have not had the honor of experiencing tater tot casserole, the time has arrived to see what this hype is about. Casseroles are not limited to Thanksgiving, nor should they be. The fluffy potato clouds, cream of mushroom soup and beef blends into a creation of the ultimate comfort food. Your taste buds deserves this savory sensation on a monthly basis, at the minimum. Not sold yet? Try it yourself with this recipe from Mom on Timeout. It will knock your socks off. Ingredients
- 1 pound lean ground beef (the leaner the better)
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ounce can green beans, drained
- 75 ounces can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease an 8 to 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess fat.
- Add the onions to the skillet and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for an additional minute.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top with cream of mushroom soup, followed by green beans, followed by cheddar cheese (make sure to season the green bean layer).
- Finally, top with tater tots.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Enjoy immediately.