This Food Vlogger Tried The World's Spiciest 'Death Noodles,' And It Didn't End Well (Video)

You may consider yourself a fan of spicy foods, but one YouTuber is taking it to the next level -- a level so intense, in fact, that the amount of spice he consumed caused him to go temporarily deaf (video below).

Yes, really.

Meet Ben Sumadiwiria, a Berlin-based food vlogger who recently took a trip to Jakarta, and posted a video to his YouTube channel Awesome Eats which shows him inhaling a plate of noodles.

The dish, nicknamed “Death Noodles” in the video, is so-named due to the staggering 100 bird’s eyes chilis that go into making just a single plate. For context, that ranks 20 million points on the Scoville scale, which is used to measure heat and spice; for further context, that is 17.8 million more points than the world’s hottest chili, the Carolina Reaper, scores.

So, are you wondering why, exactly, Sumadiwiria decided it would be a good idea to try this dish, and record the attempt? Probably. But he never really tells you. Instead, he’s just documented the entire experience for our morbid curiosity.

You’re probably not surprised to hear that it didn’t go well; after eating the dish, Sumadiwiria is seen sweating, cursing, and even claims that he went temporarily deaf. Cold water and soothing milkshakes didn’t help to assuage the burn, either.

Watch the entire experience happen below: