Vietnamese Avocado Smoothie
Smoothies are usually filled with healthy ingredients like fruit, protein powder, chia seeds, and whatever else floats your boat. It’s time to change up your smoothie game and blend up something both decadent and semi-healthy. This Vietnamese Avocado Smoothie will have you salivating for more after the first sip leading you to place your cup down just to pick it right back up for another sip. Avocados provide loads of vitamins and healthy fats so you don’t have to completely forfeit your diet for this. However, this smoothie is packed with sugar from the condensed milk causing the calorie count to heighten a bit. This smoothie is so decadent and buttery when it is all blended that it almost classifies as a milkshake. Vietnamese people usually whip up these smoothies for a sweet treat either after a meal or just as a snack.
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup milk of your choice (we use coconut milk)
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Check the consistency. If it is too thick, add a splash of milk to thin the drink out. If it needs to be sweeter, add more condensed milk.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy cold with a thick straw or spoon
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and peel the skin off
- Squeeze lemon juice all over the avocado halves until they are coated. This will prevent browning of the avocado meat
- Tightly wrap the avocado halves in plastic wrap and place them in Ziploc freezer bags
- Place them wrapped avocados in the freezer and freeze up to 3-6 months
Now you have no excuse not to make Vietnamese Avocado Smoothies!