Wanna Drink With Your Dog? Now He Can Have His Own Wine

If you're a wine drinker, and you notice your pooch staring up at you with those mournful eyes that say "I'm starving to death and you never feed me even though I just had dinner, please just give me one sip," you might feel inclined to give your pup a taste every now and again. Unfortunately, alcohol is really toxic to dogs, as their bodies are not equipped to handle it the way ours are. Grapes -- particularly the skin -- are also bad for your pooch.

Sure, your dog may snore through half of House of Cards, but we have to admit, it can be a little hard to follow sometimes. If your dog is your best friend and Netflix buddy, you might feel the occasional remorse that you can't give your pooch a sip of wine after a long day.

If this sounds like you, all your dreams are about to come true.

Let's recap: wine for cats already exists.

But life was pretty hard for dog-loving winos everywhere who could only get a glass for their cats, until now! In an exciting and revolutionary move, Apollo Peak, the Denver-based company behind cat wine, has finally branched out with their new line of ZinFanTAIL and CharDOGNay, notes the Huffington Post.

"We had always planned on doing something for dogs," said Brandon Zavala, Apollo Peak's founder. But the constant requests from dog lovers everywhere when the cat wine came out forced them to speed up the process.

Thanks to persistent pet owners, your pooch can now down 12-ounce bottles of peppermint or chamomile-based "wine" to get on your level.

"It's more of a relaxant," Zavala said. "They'll get more of that mellow mood."

According to the ASPCA, chamomile can be toxic to dogs in certain cases and doses, although the drink should be fine for your pooch for occasional consumption, as chamomile poisoning usually only happens to cats and frequent consumers. In other words, unless your dog has allergies, doggie wine should be fine every now and then.

Chamomile poisoning symptoms include skin inflammation, vomiting, diarrhea, and other allergic reactions, while long-term use can lead to bleeding issues. So, double check with your vet before you let your best friend indulge.