One of our favorite holidays has finally come around: National Wing Day!
Boneless or traditional, with a dry rub or slathered in sauce, everybody has their preferences when it comes to wings. For better or worse, they are a staple of the American diet. This year, Americans will eat an estimated 28 billion traditional bone-in wings, according to CNBC. On Super Bowl Sunday alone, 1.3 billion wings are eaten.
But the best part of this special celebration is that you can totally get free stuff. Here's where to go July 29 to get some sweet deals:
1. Buffalo Wild Wings -- get wings for half price.
2. Hooters -- all-you-can-eat traditional wings ($14.99) and boneless wings ($12.99), although prices and details may vary by location.
3. East Coast Wings -- buy wings today and get a coupon for five free ones between July 31 and August 4.
4. Wing Zone -- $10.99 for 10 original or boneless wings, a regular wedge fry and drink.
5. Texas Steakhouse and Saloon -- Get 50 wings for $25 when you order take out through July 31.
6. Taco Mac -- Buy 10 or more wings, get 10 free.
7. P.J. Whelihans -- get all-you-can-eat wings for $14.99
8. WingHouse Bar and Grill -- Buy 10 wings, get five free.
9. Arooga's Grille House and Sports Bar -- wings are 59 cents apiece.
10. Quaker Steak & Lube -- get endless wings for $15.49 when you dine in. Select locations only.
Bonus: Do you have a chicken or chicken wing tattoo? If so, hit up 40North Restaurants Garden State restaurants: The Office Beer Bar & Grill, George & Martha's Grille and The Black Horse Pub. At these spots, you will receive free all-you-can-eat wings! Guzzle as many as you can and tell people you are the Lord of the Wings.
Staying in tonight? Make these slow-cooker buffalo wings at home. They taste every bit as good as the stuff you get in a restaurant, but they're way cheaper. Plus, they're a little healthier for you, as they don't involve the deep fryer.