2020 - a new decade, a new liver. With wellness fanatics on the rise, so is the desire for health-conscious gatherings. Whether you are embarking on the sober lifestyle or are the designated driver that evening, no need to fret, zero-proof cocktails are here to deliver a tasteful time. Seedlip, Ceder’s, Strykk and many other companies have jumped on the health bandwagon to pave the way for the sober social butterflies. They have crafted a variety of non-alcoholic distilled gin, vodka, beer and much more - all for your pleasure. Not finding these varieties at your local go-to’s, simply as the bartender to craft a virgin drink. Bask in the elaborate flavor greatness, without getting that buzz or headache. Channeling the introvert vibe? Look no further, we got you. Check out the easy and oh so tasty mocktail creations you can craft in your nest.
Sparkling Cranberry Kombucha MocktailNot only opt out of the alcohol, but treat your gut to some hefty probiotics with this kombucha creation. Ingredients
- 1 inch slice of fresh ginger, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup 100% cranberry juice
- 2 12-ounce bottles LIVE Kombucha (Original or Ginger) *May substitute kombucha of choice
- Fresh cranberries, rosemary sprigs and thinly sliced ginger for garnish
- Fill 4 double old-fashioned glasses with ice and set aside.
- In a pitcher or quart-sized mason jar, muddle sliced ginger and rosemary together using the end of a wooden spoon or a muddler if you have one.
- Add cranberry juice and kombucha, stir gently to combine.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses (using a strainer, if necessary) and garnish sprigs of rosemary, a slice of fresh ginger and a few cranberries before serving.
Blue Moon and Stars Margarita MocktailDance soberly among the dazzling stars. Ingredients
- 3 oz limeade, thawed and prepared from frozen or homemade
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz Blue Curacao syrup
- 1 t silver or blue edible star glitter
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to wet the rim for the salt
- 1 lime, sliced for the garnish
- 1 T coarse salt, optional for salted rim
- Add limeade, lime juice, Blue Curacao syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until very cold.
- Stain into a salt-rimmed margarita glass filled with ice.
- Sprinkle with edible star glitter.
- Serve the margaritas mocktails over ice and garnish with the lime slices.
- To make a pitcher add all ingredients into a pitcher filled with ice and stir vigorously.
- Once very cold strain into another pitcher, without ice, so the drink doesn’t become watered down.
- Keep cold and pour over ice to serve, adding edible glitter just before serving individual drinks.
Strawberry Mocktail MulesToss this mocktail medley in a copper mule and you’re good to go. Ingredients
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce strawberry puree
- Lime wedge
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour in the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Serve with a lime wedge.
- To make strawberry puree: Blend 1 16-ounce bag frozen strawberries (no sugar added) in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Virgin SangriaThis brings a juicy time without the sugary wine - AKA no hangover. Drink away. Ingredients
- 1 lemon thinly sliced, with peel
- ½ lime thinly sliced, with peel
- 1 medium orange thinly sliced, with peel
- 1 small apple cored, sliced into 8ths, with peels
- 1 small black plum thinly sliced, with peel
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sparkling water
- Combine the fruits and water in a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, overnight preferably, to allow the flavors to combine.
- Prior to serving, add mineral/carbonated water and stir together.
Cucumber Ginger MocktailMy mother calls this, “spa water” - fair enough. Ingredients
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 10 slices of fresh ginger, about ¼” thick
- 2 cups sugar (or about 1¾ cups agave nectar)
- 2 cups still water
- Soda water for serving (about 5 ounces per drink)
- Cucumber slices, for serving, optional
- Place sliced cucumbers and ginger in a large, heat-proof bowl. Bring sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour over cucumber and ginger and let stand for 2 hours.
- Strain into a bottle and chill.
- To prepare a cocktail, stir together about 1 shot syrup (1.5 ounces) wth about 3 shots water (4.5 ounces), or to taste. Garnish ith a cucumber slice.