- 2 cups cauliflower florets frozen or fresh
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
People nowadays have become more health conscious. I know I have. Watching what you eat is not fun. Trying to eat healthy or low carb isn't often fun either. When you think low carb you think green leafy vegetables (ew!). Or if you're at a restaurant you have to eat just the meat and not the sides. Mashed potatoes? Corn? Fruit cup? Nope!
That amazing fried cheesy appetizer? No again! I have finally found a solution to whatever tooth makes me crave fried cheese and potatoes… These 3 Ingredient Baked Cheddar Cauliflower Bites are low carb cheesy goodness. No more guilt for eating way too many carbs. Because these cauliflower bites have only 3.2 carbs in each one! That's it! It's like a dream come true.
The three ingredients are cauliflower, cheese, and egg (with some optional seasonings of course). First you'll need to make the cauliflower soft by either microwaving or putting it in hot water for a few minutes. Then transfer the cauliflower to a food processor and blend until it looks like rice. After that mix the cauliflower rice, egg, and cheese together in a large bowl.
Now in order to make them “bites” the mixture is put into muffin cups to bake. And that's it. If you'd like, a serving suggestion is marinara sauce. Like how they serve cheesy appetizers in restaurants. Why don't restaurants have more low carb options? I don't know. But hey, we now know we don't have to go out to get amazing food. We can make it ourselves.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with oil and set aside. Place cauliflower florets in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. microwave for 7-8 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Place steamed cauliflower in a food processor and plus for just a few seconds or until the cauliflower resembles rice.
- Remove from food processor, place in a clean dishcloth and squeeze to drain as much water as you can out of the cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl, add egg, cheddar cheese, herbs, and salt & pepper. Mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin tin using a cook scoop or by hand. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is no longer soft.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing firm pan. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.