- 2 lbs red potatoes washed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection Basil Pesto
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
What if I told you that with just 3 ingredients, you could make yourself a super simple, satisfying and tasty side meal for you and your family? You can make yourself a beautiful home cooked mean on those nights of busy schedules where you are too tired or have no time to rush off to the grocery store. With 3 basic ingredients, you can put together an edible masterpiece.
This side dish goes with almost any meal and I am confident that you would find it very delicious. Making your own homemade Pesto can be time consuming; you can save yourself a whole lot of time by using store-bought Basil Pesto potatoes that are made with Basil, parmesan, garlic, and romaro cheeses. My fondness for Basil developed from my love of Italian recipes and now I can hardly cook anything without adding them – these potatoes are definitely not an exception.
You can find other uses for your Pesto sauce such as sauce for pasta, fish, and meat, as a salad dressing, as a substitute for mayonnaise, as pizza topping, or as spread for bread. Pesto is packed with antioxidants and is a good source of calcium. You do not have to worry about flavor, the potato is packed with its own unique flavor and they add it to this meal.
The many health and skin benefits of potatoes make the vegetable all the more special. Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, Potassium, fibre, B vitamins. Parmesan cheese on the other hand is very high in protein, is easily digestible and has low levels of lactose. It also contains Calcium, Phosphorus and magnesium which are beneficial for good bone health.
This side dish is not just easy to make but is also a great option for healthy nutrition. After 3 simple steps and a total of 35 minutes in the oven, the roasted pesto potatoes come out looking all crisply delicious and irresistibly cheesy. With this recipe, there is no long ingredient list required and you can still enjoy a nice, delicious and healthy meal even on busy weeknights. It’s very easy for you to sideline your side meals but one taste of this recipe and you would love to try it out for every meal- I guarantee.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine potatoes and pesto. Toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to a large baking sheet or shallow roasting pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the potatoes and put the pan back in the oven.
- Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and crispy. Remove from the oven and serve warm.