- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 grilled corn on the cob, husked or canned corn equivalent
- 1 cup or 170 grams cooked black beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup or 120 grams quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 lime wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Hot chili sauce, to taste
As you can probably guess by the title of this recipe… it only takes 5 minutes. Which in this fast paced society is necessary. No one has time or the desire to slave away in the kitchen anymore. This recipe is perfect for those of us who are… just not that into cooking… This recipe is pretty much purely assembly. Besides the cutting of tomatoes and avocado and a few other vegetables and fruits, it's also fully customizable. Pick your taco shell, or tortilla, and choose your favorite beans and veggies and assemble. Considering they're so quick to whip up they're perfect for social gatherings.
If you’re wanting to make something for your guests but you had a long day at work this is the recipe for you. If you're having people over with many different diet restrictions this recipe is also a good choice. It's gluten free, if you choose gluten free taco shells, and because it's vegan it’s dairy free as well. Even if your guests aren't vegan they'll still love them. I mean, if your guests don't like any toppings you've chosen they can just elect to not put them on their tacos.
These taco recipes have many delicious topping ideas that will make your mouth water. Many of which you may not think of on your own. Such as caramelized onions and pineapple. This recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser, and will always be my go-to recipe when having guests over.
- Assemble the Tacos: Distribute corn, black beans, avocado slices, quartered cherry tomatoes, chopped onion and parsley among tortillas.
- Season with ground cumin, lime juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with your favorite hot chili sauce. Enjoy!