- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 oz (1 can) tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground mustard
- ½ tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 8 hamburger sesame burger buns
- Coleslaw, for topping sandwiches (optional)
- In a skillet on medium heat, cook down the ground beef. Once it starts to brown toss in the diced onion. Cook until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Add in the diced bell pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, smashes garlic, brown sugar, salt, ground mustard and red pepper flakes. Stir together and then bring to a simmer.
- Turn to low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on buns and top with coleslaw if you desire to add a nice fresh crunch.