Skip to content
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional for a spicy sandwich
- 1 egg, beaten
- Peanut oil, sprayable
- 2 brioche buns
- 4 slices bread and butter pickle chips
- 2 sliced green leaf lettuce, optional for a deluxe sandwich
- 4 slices of fresh tomatoes, optional for a deluxe sandwich
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp BBQ Sauce hickory smoked
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water
- You can use a sealable bag or a large bowl to brine the chicken. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl or sealable bag along with the pickle juice and buttermilk. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sweetener to a large bowl, large enough to dredge the chicken. Stir to combine.
- Add the egg to a bowl large enough to dredge the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and dredge both breasts in the beaten egg and then the flour. Place the chicken on the Air Fryer tray.
- Spritz the top of the chicken with peanut oil. Spray from a distance.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 15-22 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Every air fryer model and brand will cook at varying speeds. Monitor your results carefully, and adjust as needed.
- For toasted buns, toast the buns for 3-4 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and assemble the sandwich.
- For the chick-fil-a sauce, combine the mayo, honey, BBQ sauce, and mustard in a bowl.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a separate small bowl, and then pour into sauce ingredients.
- Stir to combine and drizzle over chicken breast. Enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.