- 1-7 ounce box Odense Almond Paste, grated
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/3 cup Half & Half
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Your favorite glaze or ours
- White or colored nonpareils or sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment.
- Add oil, Half & Half, egg, egg white, and anise to a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add Almond Paste, sugar, flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt to a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until the texture of fine crumbs. This step can be made with a mixer but doesn’t get as finely chopped. Add to liquid ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- Fill and level off dough in a 1 tablespoon size cookie scoop with a wire release. Drop onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Scoop, level off, and drop enough dough to fill one cookie sheet. Then roll in hands to form balls all at once. This technique saves time. If the batter is sticking to scoop; dip cookie scoop into flour or confectioner’s sugar to help release cookies.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookie are just golden. Make favorite glaze (or use ours; see note) while the first tray of cookies is cooking. Remove warm cookie from baking sheet to wire rack. Dip each cookie into the glaze of choice and place it back onto the wire rack to finish cooling. If desired, sprinkle with optional nonpareils or sprinkles while the glaze is wet. Repeat until all cookies on the tray are dipped. Bake remaining cookies, dipping, and cooling.