- 2 small pears, thinly sliced
- 2 small apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple whiskey
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1½ cups sparkling white wine or Prosecco
- Cinnamon sticks and star anise, for garnish
A different way to prepare the perfect gathering cocktail, Sangria. Everyone loves Sangria, this sweet, rich cocktail, fill with our favorite fruits, species, and alcohol. It’s a refreshing drink that goes well with the coming summer. Drink it at brunch, festivities, gatherings, in a bar, for a cocktail night.
You choose when to make this, you can’t say no to Sangria. With many different ways to make Sangria, mixing with different cocktails, wine, fruits you can make your own recipe if you get your mindset to it. Today’s recipe we are going to be mixing Sangria with new species, crips touch to your regular cocktail to make it more special. In this recipe, wine won’t be used we will be replacing our main ingredient with something else, apple cider. Instead of grapes, our main fruit will be apples. Interesting right?
As everyone knows to make sangria you need basic ingredients, fruits, wine (which we will replace with apple cider), good brandy, and whiskey, you could use any whiskey you desire, keeping in mind not to choose a whiskey that doesn’t opaque the flavor of your sangria, this is a common mistake as sometimes people find strong sangrias instead of the rich fruity flavor we are used to.
- In a large pitcher, add pear, apple, lemon and pomegranate seeds.
- Pour apple cider into the pitcher, followed by apple whiskey and brandy. Refrigerate for a few hours, and then add the sparkling wine right before serving).
- Pour chilled sangria into glasses, making sure to get plenty of fruit in each glass. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and a star anise.