- 1 1/2 cups apple juice , preferably organic
- 1 1/2 lbs . (or 6 medium) chicken thighs, skinless
- salt and pepper
InstructionsPrint This Recipe
- Heat a deep pan over medium heat.
- Add the juice first and bring to a low boil.
- Add in the chicken and sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper.
- Lower everything to a simmer and cover the pan, cooking for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over.
- Partially cover the pan and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Pop the lid up so that a significant amount of steam can escape, allowing the apple juice to reduce down and thicken (the heat should be high enough that the juice is bubbling softly).
- Cook for another 10-20 minutes until the juice is thick and syrupy, turning the chicken every 10 minutes or so.
- Watch it closely for the last 2-3 minutes, as it can burn quickly.
- Remove from heat once the chicken is cooked through and the juice resembles honey in consistency.