- 2 large apples (Gala is the best for this)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, diced
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup graham crackers, crushed
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the tops off the apples and scoop out the insides. Make sure to leave about 1/4 inch lining inside the apples.
- Chop the apple insides into tiny pieces and add them to a bowl. Combine with lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon. (Reserve 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for the crumb topping.) Mix until everything is fully combined and coated.
- Evenly distribute apple filling into the apples.
- In a second bowl, make your crumb topping. Combine flour, brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, and the reserved teaspoon of cinnamon. You will need to cut the butter into crumb topping. Add graham crackers and stir. Once combined, evenly distribute over apples.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with whipped cream (or ice cream!), serve Apple Pie Baked Apples, and enjoy!