- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
InstructionsPrint This Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a standing mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, and continue mixing until combined. Add egg, cinnamon, baking soda, and vanilla extract. Mix. Very gradually add flour, and beat until fully combined and fluffy.
- To your batter, add the diced apples and chopped walnuts. Fold in gently until mixed well.
- Pour batter into a greased baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the icing, gradually add milk to powdered sugar until the desired consistency is achieved. Don't add all the milk at once. If the frosting looks too wet, add more powdered sugar. Too dry, add more milk.
- Remove apple pie from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut into bars, top with icing and powdered sugar, serve Apple Pie Bars and enjoy!