You can't get a more classic dessert
than apple pie. So what happens when you take a classic and put a new spin on it? You bake up a batch of totally delicious Apple Pie Cookies! Not only do they taste amazing, but they look so cool, too!
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and nonstick spray; set aside.
- Remove pie crusts from the refrigerator so they warm up slightly. This will make them easier to work with.
- Peel the skin off the green apples, discard. Continue peeling so you have a bunch of white peels in your bowl.
- Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts. From one pie crust, cut out circles for the cookies. Cut other crust into 1/2" strips.
- Place round pie crusts on a cookie sheet. Spread a thin layer of caramel sauce on each cookie, followed by a pile of white apple peels. Using the 1/2” strips, create a tic-tac-toe lattice pattern over each cookie.
- Beat egg in a bowl and add sugar and nutmeg until well blended. Brush cookies with egg wash.
- Sprinkle cookies with cinnamon. Use more or less cinnamon depending on your preference.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, serve Apple Pie Cookies, and enjoy!