Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- Caramel sauce
- 2 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and cubed
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
Apple Pie Donuts? Who read our diary?! They are so delicious, and more importantly, super easy. Get to baking!
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat puff pastry in flour and roll out. Cut out circles, about 6 circles per pastry sheet.
- Place one circle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top pastry circle with a heaping tablespoon of apple pie filling and 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce. Brush the edges with egg wash and top with another pastry circle. Carefully seal the corners. Continue assembling until complete.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, and butter until you have a crumbly consistency.
- Brush the tops of the donuts and top with brown sugar crumble.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until donuts are golden and flaky.
- Remove from oven, top with caramel sauce and whipped cream, serve and enjoy!