Serves: 6 tarts
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 large apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 packet Brainiac Brain Squeezers Cinnamon Applesauce
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 6 count muffin tin.
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl with lemon juice and water. Microwave for 3 minutes to let the apples soften. Strain apple slices from the liquid and pat dry with paper towels.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 6 2 inch strips. Spread a thin layer of Brainiac Brain Squeezers Cinnamon Applesauce on each strip.
- Place apple slices overlapping each other on the top half of the puff pastry strip. Fold the bottom half over the apple slices then roll each strip up making the rose shape. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar.
- Place tarts in the prepared muffin tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.