- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- In another bowl whisk together egg yolk, vanilla extract, milk and melted butter. Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Using a hand mixer beat egg whites until stiff peak. Fold egg white into the batter.
- For the apple topping, melt 2 tablespoon butter in a small pan. Add the chopped apples, remaining sugar and ¼ cup water. Cook until apples have softened.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour a small amount of batter into the skillet. After 2 minutes flip the pancake and continue cooking until golden brown. Serve the pancakes topped with the apple mixture.