- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 small pear peeled and grated
- 4 sliced scallions whites and greens separated
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon garlic grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cubes crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cup white rice cooked
Asian cuisine is not just one of the most popular around the world, it’s one of the tastiest as it uses all types of spices and ingredients that make it so special and delicious. Using any type of meat from chicken to beef, Chinese dishes are full of flavor and that’s why not only we enjoy eating them but why we chose to bring them to our houses and make our own versions of them.
Today we are making an Asian Beef Bowl, although it is not a traditional dish that you will find in a Chinese restaurant, it is inspired by Asian cuisine, similar to most of the stir fry dishes that Chinese restaurants are so known for. We are mixing different cultures in this dish following a traditional Asian stir fry and some fish sauce to get that extra hint of flavor in our dish. Perfect for dinner and or lunch, this American Asian dish is composed of ground beef, a small pear for sweetness, scallions, carrot, garlic, ginger, white sugar, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, cilantro, and bouillon cubes. On top of a nice bowl of cooked white rice.
The crucial ingredients that make this recipe pop are the garlic, ginger, and scallion; they have that traditional aromatic Asian cooking that gives this dish a unique and special flavor. This type of dish is fun to make, you can replace and add other ingredients that you feel will strengthen the dish and add more flavor. If you want to use another meat you are free to do so, Asian dishes are a great way to give a 360 turn to your kitchen and surprise your family. Enjoy!
- All you need to do is to get a nice pan at medium heat spread with sesame oil and add ginger, and garlic and cook it until your veggies are nice and tender, add sliced scallions (just the white part). And let it all cook.
- After that, you should have your pear sliced and add it together with the ground beef to the pan, add some sugar, fish sauce, and the bouillon cube.
- Mix everything well and cook until your meat looks brown and crispy, add some more soy sauce for seasoning. Reduce the heat and add shredded carrots, scallions, and mix together.
- Once it’s juicy and well cooked, remove and garnish with cilantro. Serve on top of your white rice and enjoy this dish warm.