Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, outer leaves and stems removed
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
Do you know what's great about this Bacon Brussels Sprout Casserole, other than how delicious it is? That it becomes even more delicious the next day!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook brussels sprouts for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and chop brussels sprouts.
- Add chopped brussels sprouts to a baking dish and stir in 1/2 of the chopped bacon, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour cream over brussels sprouts. Top with cheddar cheese, remaining bacon, breadcrumbs, and dot with pieces of butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Serve and enjoy!