Serves: 8 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 5 jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 2 cups half and half
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 box mini pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups potato chips, crushed
Calling all you mac and cheese fans! Put a twist on your favorite meal with this Bacon Jalapeño Mac & Cheese dish! It's salty, it's spicy, it's baked, it's delicious and it's perfect!
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an oven-safe skillet, over medium-high heat, cook bacon. When done, remove from pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Sauté diced jalapeños in bacon grease for 4 to 7 minutes, or until jalapeños have softened.
- Add half and half. When it starts to bubble, add Velveeta and mix thoroughly. Salt to taste and add in cooked bacon. Cook for 1 minute. Gently pour cooked pasta into cheese sauce. Stir until pasta is coated.
- Remove from heat, cover pasta evenly with shredded cheddar, then with crushed potato chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling. Then remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!