Serves: 10 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound high-quality medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 or 2 Jalapeño peppers
- I cup Camaronza Tomato and Shrimp Cocktail
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- Kosher salt and Black Pepper, for seasoning
- Saltine crackers or Tostadas
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedges, Avocado and Mayonnaise (For Serving)
- Place cut shrimp in a large mixing bowl.
- Add ¾ cup lime juice and ¼ cup Lemon Juice and let stand for 15 minutes so the shrimp can “cook” in the citrus juices. Shrimp will start to turn pink.
- Dice cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, red onions and jalapeño chile.
- Transfer the mixed cut vegetables and garlic into the shrimp bowl and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour Camaronza Tomato and Shrimp Cocktail over mixed shrimp and vegetables.
- Season the ceviche with some salt and pepper.
- Serve by itself or with saltine crackers/ tostadas. Hot sauce, lime wedges, avocado slices, and Mayonnaise as a spread over the tostadas is optional.