- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz chocolate chips
- Red powdered food color
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp fresh meringue for dots
2. Core each apple without cutting all the way through and make a good-sized in the well center of each apple.
3. In a medium bowl, stir oats, brown sugar, and spices together. Stir in butter until combined.
4. Spoon 1/4 of the oat mixture into each apple, slightly mounding the filling.
5. Place apples on a baking sheet.
6. Bake until apples are tender and filling is lightly browned, about 30 minutes