Try This Recipe!
- Cauliflower: This is the main ingredient. You can buy pre-packaged cauliflower florets or a whole head of cauliflower and break it yourself.
- Panko breadcrumbs: They are light, crispy, and important in attaining a crispy exterior. Spices: This recipe needs the same spices for buffalo chicken wings – black pepper, onion powder, paprika, salt, and garlic powder.
- Water: Used as the second part of the base for the wet batter to lighten the weight of the milk.
- Flour: The whole process involves making a wet batter and you’re going to need flour for that. The batter is used to coat the cauliflower to give it the crispy exterior of buffalo chicken wings.
- Milk: This is used as a base for the wet batter, any kind of milk will do the trick.
- Hot sauce: Sauce used should have a balance of salty and spicy.
- Lemon juice: Needed for that irresistible fruity flavor.
- Butter: Add some butter to your sauce for that smooth feel.
- Make the batter: Place flour and spices in a bowl. Whisk carefully in milk and water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the cauliflower: Smear the cauliflower in the batter using tongs and use a slotted spoon to strain surplus batter from the cauliflower. Fill a zip lock bag with panko bread crumbs and place the cauliflower in it. This step is done in batches.
- Smear cauliflower in bread crumbs: Now that the cauliflower is in the zip lock bag, shake the bag until the florets are evenly smeared. Using tongs, transfer the cauliflower to a medium or large baking sheet. Repeat previous steps till you smear all cauliflower.
- Bake: Next, put the cauliflower in the oven and bake at 425 degrees until golden brown and crispy. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Place in the sauce: While the buffalo cauliflower is in the oven, make the sauce. Get a medium bowl and add sauce, lemon juice, and butter. Place in the microwave till the butter melts, whisk and set aside.
- Lastly, immediately the cauliflower gets crispy, transfer to the bowl containing the sauce and then place on a platter. Serve with your choice of dips and enjoy with loved ones.