- 16 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced or grated ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons water, as needed
- 4 ounces (1 bundle) rice vermicelli noodles, cooked according to package instructions.
- 1 head butter or bibb lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- Fried shallots
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
We all know lettuce wraps are kind of like tacos; most fillings work. It all depends on your mood. If you are a lover of peanut sauce, crispy tofu, and rice noodles, then these Baked Tofu Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce are definitely for you.
What if we tell you they are easy to whip up? Isn't that fantastic? They are also both vegan and gluten-free. They are colorful, filing, and full of Thai flavors. They would make a beautiful, light summer meal. To preserve the smooth texture of the peanut sauce, do not cook the tofu or noodles in the peanut sauce, instead drizzle it on top of the finished wrap.
There are various ways you could top this meal- you can top it with sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and fried shallots. Another option is to top it with shredded carrot, crispynoodles, fresh cilantro, bean sprouts, microgreens, or even fresh pickled red onions (the choice is all yours).
For baked tofu, you will need firm tofu, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and cornstarch. For the lettuce wraps, all you need to get include- rice vermicelli noodles, lettuce, shallots, green onions, and toasted sesame seeds. Finally, for the peanut sauce, get creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, garlic clove, and ginger. Buckle up for this special ride!
- Heat your oven to a temperature of about 400ºF. Cut the tofu into strips, and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Now, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce, and toss them together. Then sprinkle it with cornstarch, transfer them to the prepared baking sheet, and bake.
- For the peanut sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until they become smooth. Add some water (the volume of water depends on how thick you want the peanut sauce).
- Now, cook rice noodles according to the package instructions, drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Finally, top your piece of lettuce with rice noodles and baked tofu. Drizzle with peanut sauce too. Then sprinkle with green onion, fried shallots, and sesame seeds as you desire. Enjoy this special meal!