- 1 cup white rice uncooked (3 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 basil leaves finely chopped + more for serving
- 1/2 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 small crown broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 cup frozen or canned peas
- 3 eggs
- Soy sauce to taste
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium hear. Add the chopped yellow onion and basil and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrot, broccoli, and peas and stir well. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- In a separate skillet, lightly scramble the eggs until cooked.
- Add the cooked white rice to the skillet with the vegetables and stir well to combine. Stir in the cooked scrambled eggs.
- Drizzle in the soy sauce and serve with fresh basil leaves.