- 2 ½ cups pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ½ red bell pepper diced into small chunks
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Using a spoon, brush chicken breasts with BBQ sauce. Top with diced pineapple.
- Add chopped cooked bacon on top of the chicken. Top with sliced red onion. Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Broil for the last 4 minutes if desired.
- To serve, top chicken with a small amount of extra diced pineapple, a little bit of remaining sliced red onion, and diced green onions.