For the BBQ Chickpea Filling:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ a yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- ½ a red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- Cilantro, to taste (optional)
For the BBQ Lime Crema:
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bibb Lettuce Cups
- Hippeas Bohemian Barbeque Puffs (crushed)
- Radish, Avocado and/or Lime wedges
- Make the bbq chickpea filling: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat then add the onions and salt and saute 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to caramelize. Add a splash of water and saute for another 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in the red bell pepper and continue to saute for another 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, bbq sauce and cilantro and stir until everything is evenly coated then allow to cook for 5 - 10 minutes until the chickpeas are tender and the sauce thickens. Add water, stock or more bbq sauce as necessary. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Make the BBQ Lime Crema: Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps by placing BBQ chickpea mixture in the center of the lettuce leaves. Add Radish and sliced Avocado then Drizzle with BBQ Lime Crema. Top with crushed Hippeas Bohemian Barbeque Puffs for a satisfying crunch. Serve with lime wedges.