- 1 cup diced ahi tuna
- 1⁄2 cup BBQ hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 bunch scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Splash of soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Egg wash (1 beaten egg)
- 4-6 cups peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a large bowl combine diced tuna, hoisin sauce, scallions, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, and sesame seeds. Stir well. If desired, add more soy sauce and/or salt.
- Place wrapper on cutting board and lightly egg wash them. Place a tablespoon of the poke on the wrapper towards the bottom. Fold the top over to create a triangle and seal the edges with the egg wash. Make sure the edges are seal tightly for frying.
- Heat up oil in a deep pan to 355-375 degrees Fahrenheit. Carefully fry poke bites in small batches for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet. Continue the fry so that, all bites are done.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions and serve alongside sweet chili sauce for dipping. Enjoy!