BBQ Poke Bites
Serves: 12 people
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup diced ahi tuna
- 1⁄2 cup BBQ hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 bunch scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Splash of soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Egg wash (1 beaten egg)
- 4-6 cups peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
It's time to play Panda Jumble! What do you cook with the words "Poke," "Bites," and "BBQ"? You fry up some crispy and delicious BBQ Poke Bites! Dip them in a sweet chili sauce and prepare to be amazed.
- In a large bowl combine diced tuna, hoisin sauce, scallions, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, and sesame seeds. Stir well. If desired, add more soy sauce and/or salt.
- Place wrapper on cutting board and lightly egg wash them. Place a tablespoon of the poke on the wrapper towards the bottom. Fold the top over to create a triangle and seal the edges with the egg wash. Make sure the edges are seal tightly for frying.
- Heat up oil in a deep pan to 355-375 degrees Fahrenheit. Carefully fry poke bites in small batches for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet. Continue the fry so that, all bites are done.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions and serve alongside sweet chili sauce for dipping. Enjoy!