Serves: 6 People
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 7 soft corn tortillas
- 2 cups macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup pulled bbq pork
- 7 strips of bacon
- Parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- BBQ sauce, for dipping
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese and the bbq pork, set aside.
- Heat a small pan over low heat and lightly warm each tortilla until soft and pliable.
- Working quickly fill each warm tortilla with ¼ cup of the macaroni and cheese mixture. Roll each tortilla up tightly, ending seam side down, to hold the taquito together. Repeat this process until all of the taquitos have been filled and rolled.
- Next, Wrap each taquito in a strip of bacon by tightly twisting the bacon around the taquitos.
- Heat the canola oil in a large deep pot over medium high heat. Test the oil to see if it's hot enough by adding a tiny piece of tortilla. If the tortilla quickly bubbles and begins to brown, add the taquitos to the pan working in batches of 3.
- Allow the taquitos to fry undisturbed on the first side for 3-4 minutes or until the edges are turning a golden brown.
- Very carefully flip the taquitos using a slotted spoon or tongs then allow to fry for another 3-4 minutes on the second side.
- Once the bacon is crispy and the tortilla is fully fried, remove the taquits form the pan and allow to drain on a sheet tray lined with paper towels.
- To serve, stack the taquitos on a large plate along side a bowl of bbq sauce. Enjoy!
- Add more steps if need