Serves: 32 people
Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 1 Box White Cake Mix (plus water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box)
- ¾ Cup Vanilla Frosting (from 1-lb container)
- 32 Paper Lollipop Sticks
- 1 Bag (16 oz) White Candy Melts or coating wafers, melted Red, Blue, Yellow and Green Sanding Sugar
- Blue Confetti Sprinkles
- Corn Syrup
- Wax Paper
- Angled Sponge or Culinary Safe Paint Brush
- Foam Block
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cake pans with cooking spray. Make and bake cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil, and eggs. Cool completely.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well.
- Shape into 32 balls; place on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm.
- Remove several cake balls from the freezer at a time. Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick 1/2 inch into melted White candy and insert stick into 1 Cake Ball no more than halfway. Place in refrigerator.
- Once set, Dip each cake ball into melted White candy to cover; tap off excess and place on Foam Block, Cake Pop facing UP. Let Set
- When dry, use a toothpick to draw or lightly etch two perpendicular lines starting at the top of the cake pop. Draw the lines straight down the sides. Then draw two more perpendicular lines, so that you have eight equal sections. Brush off any white chocolate shavings.
- Working one section at a time, Paint Corn Syrup onto individual sections and dip or sprinkle the desired color. Use a toothpick to clean up any edges and brush off any sanding sugar that gets on the exposed white sections of the pop. Repeat for all colors, leaving a white section in-between.
- Use a toothpick to dot white candy coating on top of the pop and place blue confetti sprinkle to complete the Beach Ball look.
- Let Dry and Enjoy!