- 1 Box White Cake Mix (plus water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box)
- ¾ Cup Vanilla Frosting (from 1-lb container)
- 32 Paper Lollipop Sticks
- 1 Bag (16 oz) Yellow Candy melts or coating wafers, melted
- ½ Bag (16 oz) White Candy melts or coating wafers, melted
- Black Fondant
- Wax Paper
- Foam Block
InstructionsPrint This Recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cake pans with cooking spray. Make and bake cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil, and eggs. Cool completely.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well.
- Shape into 32 oblong balls; place on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm.
- Remove several cake balls from the freezer at a time. Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick 1/2 inch into melted Yellow candy and insert stick into 1 Cake Ball no more than halfway. Place in refrigerator.
- Once set, Dip each cake ball into melted Yellow candy to cover; tap off excess and place on Foam Block, Cake Pop facing UP. Let Set
- Melt White candy and create the “Wings” on a piece of Wax Paper (you can use a paintbrush or place melted candy in a piping bag and drizzle to create the “wings”). Place in refrigerator to set.
- Roll Black Fondant fairly thin and cut strips for the Bees “Stripes” and using a piping tip, cut out the bees “eyes”.
- Wrap two strips of Black Fondant around the “body” and place the “eyes”. Finish with White Candy Wings (using a little melted candy as glue).