Skip to content
- 1 quart water
- 1 box Barilla orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 32-ounce cartons beef broth, unsalted
- 2 bunches rapini, remove ends, 2 inch pieces (also labeled under broccoli rabe)
- 8 eggs
Warm-up on a cold day.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add rapini greens and sauté for 30 more seconds or until wilted. And add broth.
- Do not boil just bring to simmer, simmer until rapini is tender, approximately 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crack eggs into individual custard cups.
- In a separate large saucepan, bring water and vinegar to simmer.
- Slide eggs from custard cups into simmering water and cook until desired firmness. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Divide greens, pasta, and broth into eight bowls and top with a poached egg.
- Top egg with sea salt.
Get more from Passion For Pasta
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.