- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 can chipotle pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ranch dressing
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 small jar sliced black olives
- 1 cup corn
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 5 taco shells, crushed
- Over high heat, sauté onions in vegetable oil until they start to brown. Add half the taco seasoning packet and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the ground beef, the remainder of taco seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, while also breaking up the big chunks of ground beef. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes, or until no pink remains. When cooked, remove from heat and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- To make your dressing, mix together chipotle peppers and ranch dressing in a bowl. If the chipotle peppers are whole, throw them in a food processor or blender until they’re smooth. Add less ranch for a spicier dressing.
- When beef is chilled enough, mix beef, lettuce, olives, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, and cheese in a large bowl. Top with dressing and toss well. Add more or less beef & dressing per your liking. Top with crushed up taco shells, serve Beef & Cheese Taco Salad and enjoy!