Skip to content
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 cup beer: ale or lager
- 8 oz white cheddar cheese, chopped
- 8 oz yellow cheddar cheese, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp mustard
- Salt to taste
- Measure ingredients because this is a fast recipe and slice cheese.
- Melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Start pouring in beer while slowly whisking. Let the mixture come to a simmer.
- Add sliced cheeses, milk, mustard and seasonings.
- Slowly stir with a whisk or a wooden spoon while the cheese is melting.
- Once cheese is melted, let it come to simmer and take it off heat.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.